Tips for Writing an Article Review
Posted by admin as Writing tips
Very often students are asked to read a certain article and comment on it in the form of the review. It is obvious that the students having poor writing experience will not manage to succeed in article review writing from the first attempt. In order to cope with the assignment successfully one can use the article review writing tips located below for the general use:
1. Read the Article Attentively. It is quite obvious that it is impossible to prepare a good article review if one fails to read the article and define all the points and main questions it reveals. In order to understand the theme and the message of the article one should reread it several times and then try to analyze the information in the appropriate way.
2. Make the Outline of the Article Review. While reading the article it is important to makes scrupulous notes in order not to miss a single essential fact and evidence. The student should divide the article into the logical parts and define the informative value of every sector and write it on the paper. In order to organize the process of writing logically and neatly, the student is expected to complete a good outline which would contain all the parts of the review, important facts and interesting messages.
3. Evaluate the Information You Have Read. When you have read the article, devote time to analyze and understand it entirely. Probably there are certain hidden messages and facts which can be seen only for the people with the rich background knowledge. The analysis of the information will be quite valuable for the total understanding of the article and the appropriate writing of the review.
4. Explain the Theme and Idea of the Article. Every article has its idea and informative value and the student is supposed to prepare a good and detailed analysis of the plot of the article, learn about its author (it is important to know more about the author, because his ideas presented in the article are connected with his lifestyle and worldviews). One should not just enumerate the major points of the article but define its purpose, idea and value for the reader.
5. Summarize the Review Effectively. Having analyzed the article professionally, the student should devote time to conclude the analysis wisely. First of all one should evaluate the relevance of the article, the usefulness of the information and make sure that the article contains valid information and meets the major principles of the discipline it is referred to.
Finally, one can write about the problems of the analysis and present the strong and the weak sides of the article and compare it to the other articles written by this author.
Additionally you can order a custom article review written by professional writers at EssayLib.com.