How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay for College
Posted by admin as Writing tips
Tips: How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
A compare and contrast essay might seem quite an easy type of paper but it has some peculiar moments we would like to dwell on. Compare and contrast essay writing is not just the description of similarities and differences of the given matters. That is why many students who are inexperienced in writing a compare and contrast essay often have problems with it. This paper requires creativity and special formatting. Because of its stylistic peculiarities most students are interested how to write a good compare and contrast essay. If you need assistance, essaylib is 24/7 at your disposal. Our team will provide you with professional compare and contrast essay help.
Compare And Contrast Writing Tips:
1. The introductory paragraph of your compare and contrast essay should contain information about both subjects or events you are comparing. You must write why the compare and contrast is worth the reader’s attention and brainstorm an effective thesis statement that will help the reader understand what you are going to compare and why.
2. You can write a compare and contrast essay in two ways. The first way is to focus on one topic and describe its pros and cons, then move to the next topic. The second way is to write about the compared matters one after the other in a back-and-forth pattern. The choice of the pattern depends on the size of the essay. If you write a long compare and contrast essay, choose the second way of writing, because it will be difficult for a reader to recall what you have written several passages before.
3. If you compare subjects from the literary text, try to support the primary text. Your ideas should be relied on the thoughts of the author. That means you should work out the text attentively to find all the alternatives for your compare and contrast essay. Sometimes it is useful to support the secondary related sources which can add some ideas or even broaden the number of problems that are worth comparing.
4. While writing a compare and contrast essay try to present your own point of view. Many students think that everything has been said by the author but it is not right. Everyone has his own attitude to various things, matters, events. that is why your personal suggestions are always welcome in a compare and contrast essay.
5. End your essay with an effective conclusion enumerating the problems which you have compared and give a short comment approving or disapproving them.
We hope that our compare and contrast essay writing tips will help you create a successful A+ essay. Essaylib can assist you with writing all types of papers on any subject and topic, of any complexity and length.